Re: [SQU] How many users

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:04:59 -0600

Your Squid will support a whole lot more users than your internet
bandwidth will. 128kbps is not enough bandwidth to stress even the
smallest Squid system, and you definitely do not have a small Squid system.

So, your limit is the bandwidth, not Squid. 128kbps will probably
comfortably support 3-15 serious users (and browsing will probably feel
like a 'modem' speed connection), or 16-30 moderate users, or maybe 50
very very light users. We have a 384kbps connection in our office for
only three users, and it's very comfortable...but then again, there have
been times when those same users were stuck on a 33.6k dialup, and it
was usually fine as long as all three weren't browsing heavily at the
same time.

So...really, your question is kind of like, "How long is a piece of
string?" It depends on the users.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances