Re: [SQU] Squid 2.4 Head FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:20:06 +0100

Jeremy Lyon wrote:

> I have had this same problem not using diskd. That's why I haven't
> pushed 2.4PRE-STABLE into production.

You cannot have the exact same problem, as the first reported was a
problem within the diskd code.

What has been found recently (in a spinoff from this thread) is a
problem that is quite like to make Squid coredump if you have requests
while it is rebuilding the cache. This specific problem can only occur
during the "short" interval after startup where Squid is reading the
previously saved swap.state file.

To be able to identify your problem (if not the above mentioned rebuild
problem) we must have more information on your crash, preferably
including a stack trace.

/Henrik