Re: [SQU] TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS/200

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:12:05 -0600

If I recall correctly, it indicates that Squid 'thought' it had an
object but upon trying to load it did not. I ran into a ton of these in
Async and DiskD Squid 2.3/2.4DEVEL (I think it's mostly been resolved in
PRE-STABLE 2.4) when under a very heavy load.

It's not a bug, in the context where I ran into it. Just a load
shedding mechanism that was maybe a little overzealous. Whether it is a
problem or not, probably depends on how many you are seeing.

Hundreds or thousands might be reason for concern. 5-20 a day is
probably normal.

I'm sure someone can probably be more lucid on this subject, if they're
so inclined.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances