Re: [SQU] improving performance by acls?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:13:19 +0100

Please remember that Squid cannot tell URL's to bypass Squid.

About the only case where this approach allows you to make any
significant differences is if your Squids are in a hierarchy of caches.
In such case, bypassing the parents for URL's not normally cacheable
will give less load on the parents, allowing them to concentrate on the
useful stuff..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker