[SQU] Squid Crashing

From: Dan White <dwhite@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:46:00 -0500

We've got a Solaris box running as our main server, which hosts ~100-150
sites. What squid does for us is accepts http connections, and then forwards
the request to the appropriate server <apache with or without mod-perl>. The
purpose squid serves here isnt to cache, just to do a little load balencing.

I'm having a slight problem, however with squid spontaniously crashing.
After it crashes, the only way to get it running again is to remove the
swap.state* files and restart. I'm using squid Version 2.2.STABLE5, I'd just
like to have squid so I can go on vacation without having to make sure it's
alive all the time <The frequency of the crashes is up to once a week>.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Daniel White