Re: [SQU] [Off] Perl

From: Devin Teske <devinteske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:40:19 -0800

What I am trying to do is, this...

I have a proxy server (squid) and it asks for a password. Then I use a perl
script as the authentication helper, it takes the username that they entered
and I want to be able to check the my parent proxy server to see if that is
a valid user on that system. If it is, then I accept the authentication
credentials and I let them view the pages. If it is NOT a valid user I check
to see if the username is in my database of users. If they are, I let them
view the pages. If they are not in my database, then I refuse access.

I hope this helps,
Devin Teske