Re: [SQU] Squid Error on testing.

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:59:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

This error has been generated because in squid.conf,
the TAG that points to this file has probably not been
commented out. Search for "ERR_READ_TIMEOUT'" in
squid.conf, and then comment that line out, by
appending a '#' at the beginning of the line.

Furthermore, actually ensure that the folder
'/usr/local/squid/etc/errors' does actually exist.

If I can be of any further help, let me know.
Regards,

Thomas Adam
re: thomas_adam16@yahoo.com
--- Robert Laster <rlaster@universalcom.net> wrote: >
Hello all...

> I am setting up my first squid server, and am
> receiving the following error
> message. Any ideas?
>
> "errorTryLoadText:
> '/usr/local/squid/etc/errors/ERR_READ_TIMEOUT': (2)
> No
> such file or directory
> FATAL: failed to find or read error text file."
>
> What file? what should it be named, and where
> should it be placed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert
>
> --

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com