Re: [SQU] Errors during install?

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:44:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

The messages that you received below are prefectly
normal when compiling any program. This output allows
you to see what the compiler is compiling at the time.
Just as a matter of interest, you can capture this
output by issuing the following:

make all >compile_squid

Then you can view the information at a later date!!

But to answer your question, if there were errors
while squid was compiling then MAKE would return
something like:

gcc -WALL -c erros.c ** ERROR [MAKE 2] **

I hope that helps,
Regards,

Thomas Adam
re: thomas_adam16@yahoo.com

man linux | col -b > issuchgreatfun!

--- Chris Bailey <cbailey@schallergroup.com> wrote: >
I'm very new to the Linux world and need help
> getting Squid-2.3.STABLE4 to work.
>
> During the "make install" process, I get about 35+
> messages:
>
> Making install in errors...
> Make [1]: Entering Dir 'squid-2.3.STABLE4/errors
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644

./english/ERR_ACCESS_DENIED/usr/local/squid/etc/errors
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644

./english/ERR_CACHE_ACCESS_DENIED/usr/local/squid/etc/errors
> | | |
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644

./english/ERR_ZERO_SIZE_OBJECT/usr/local/squid/etc/errors

> Are these messages normal? Are they just creating
> these files for system use?
>
> I am logged in as root

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com