[SQU] Banning specific directories

From: Eric Engen <eengen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:14:33 -0600

Can I deny access to the contents of specific directories on a domain
without denying the whole domain? Right now, I have the following entry in
my squid.conf:

acl banned_url dstdomain "/usr/local/squid/banned_url.txt"
http_access deny banned_url
http_access allow all

and the contents of banned_url.txt contains, in part, these lines:
.dragonballz.com
.saiyanisland.com
.goes.com

The last entry is the one I want to block. I've tried putting the line
.goes.com/~dbzinfo, but that didn't seem to work.

I'm running 2.3.STABLE4 on Linux (RedHat 6.2), and the squid machine feeds
to a parent machine (at the school district) that uses transparent proxying.

Eric Engen
eengen@esu10.org
Platte Valley Academy
Shelton, Nebraska