Re: [SQU] Logging to /dev/null

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 06:21:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

By piping the input to /dev/null, that means that
nothing needs to be saved to access.log anyway, so I
suggest that you just comment out the line
cache_access_log.

HTH,

Thomas Adam

--- Ned Schumann <ned@olympus.net> wrote: > Am running
squid-2.3.STABLE4 version and I have the
> following line in my
> squid.conf file....
>
> cache_access_log /dev/null
>
> After kill -HUP pid and kill -USR1 pid squid
> continues to log to
> the cache_access_log setting in place at squid
> startup.
>
> How do I make squid recognize 'cache_access_log
> /dev/null' ?
>
> Many thanks,
> Ned Schumann
>
> --

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com