Re: [SQU] Problems with one url :-)

From: Juri Haberland <news-innominate.list.squid.users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:15:04 +0100

Federico wrote:

> Dear squid users, this is the MOST strange thing that happens to a cache-administrator :-)
>
> i've installed on a slackware linux, running 2.4.2 kernel a 2.4 pre stable squid (today snapshot).
>
> btw... it works greatly... but.... i've a strange problem with a single url....
> this url is http:\\assistente.inwind.it
>
> is I bypass proxy... this url work perfectly... if i use proxy... it doesn't work...
>
> but... squid works on all other urls!!!!

I 'm sure that you compiled support for ECN into the kernel of your
squid box.
Just issue a 'echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn' to get rid of the
problem. This is a known problem of some firewall vendors who don't
treat the ECN-bit in TCP-IP headers right.
So you can also write a message to the admin of this website and suggest
him to update his firewall.

Juri

--
juri.haberland@innominate.com
system engineer                                         innominate AG