Re: [SQU] Setting up NTLM as a domain authenticator transparently?

From: Craig Fels <csfels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:24:21 -0600

This question really is not related to the original one, but....

To do what you are asking, you have to be running IE4 or better, and you
will have to use a Proxy Auto Configuration file (PAC).

Create a PAC and put in on a webserver with the dns name of
"wpad.domain.com" where domin is your domain. Name this PAC file or create
a link to it as wpad.dat. IE will automatically look for this file IF the
"automatically detect settings" option is checked.

For more info, look at past messages to the list, or search google or
something for wpad.dat or Proxy auto configuration files.

Craig