[SQU] Automating startup

From: Robert Krueger <rlk01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:59:17 -0500

Hi,
  I read and tried the automated startup instructions in "INstalling and
Running Squid" in 3., but I can't get it to work when I reboot. So, I
put "/etc/rc.d/init.d/squid start" into the /etc/rc.local file, which
does work. The problem is that I need to have it run as a daemon, which
I'm not sure whether it is or not by starting it in this manner. I'm
still kinda new with some of this linux stuff, but I'm running RH 7.0 on
a WorkStation with no networking. ( An ethernet card only for my DSL )
  I would appreciate it if someone would explain the best way to get
Squid to start automatically as a "daemon", if this is the best method.
I tried "/usr/sbin/squid" with no options as stated, but when I
rebooted, it didn't restart . I'm not sure what's going on.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Robert