[SQU] FTP/HTTP client (Interarchy) through Squid Proxy.

From: Andrew Tomazos <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:53:58 -0800

We are the developers of the most popular non-browser FTP/HTTP file
transfer client for Mac OS, called Interarchy. Recently a user has
posted a question to our development group explaining that his
university has recently installed a Squid web proxy (with
username/password?) and he has had trouble getting through it with
Interarchy.

We would like to know how to build the next version of Interarchy in
such a way as to be able to work with a Squid web proxy - and so,
further to this goal, I would like to know what the protocol or
standard that a Squid web proxy uses is called and where I may find
its specification (which RFC or whatever).

A link to this information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Andrew.

--
Andrew Tomazos <andrew@interarchy.com>