[SQU] Stopping the access log

From: Ned Schumann <ned@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:05:49 -0800

Am running squid-2.3.STABLE4 version and I want to stop the access log.

I changed squid.conf's logging configuration line to:

cache_access_log /dev/null

Regardless of whether I do a kill -HUP pid or kill -USR1 pid or
squid -k reconfigure I cannot get squid to stop logging. (I am
quite sure that starting and stopping the squid pid would work but I
need to be able to enable and disable logging without such draconian
steps).

I also tried commenting out the cache_access_log and running squid -k
reconfigure, but it kept on logging.

If you know how to do this, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Ned Schumann