[SQU] Performance optimization with diskd

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:29:25 +0100

Hello.
My main cache is getting pretty busy, with .5M hits/hour of peak traffic.
I am thinking of ways to improve (even if marginally) performance.

This is my latest thinko:
I'm using diskd, JBOD, one cache_dir per physical disk.
If I were to put on each physical disk two (or more) cache_dirs
half the size of the current one, I'd potentially have
multiple pending IO requests per disk and thus be able to
exploit OS-level parallelism, elevator algorithms and whatever
else.

Is this brainless blabber or does it actually make some sense?

--
	/kinkie