RE: [SQU] proxy auth program (samba?)

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:59:35 +1100

Yes. You need at least one proxy_auth acl, and it to appear as
appropriate in your http_access lines. See the FAQ - there's an entry on
authentication.

> as well as use some kind of authentication program....(ncsa
> looks popular?)

The authentication program has to line up with a) the authentication
scheme you are using (only basic in squid 2.4 but basic/digest/NTLM is
squid 2.5) and b) the backend user directory you are using
(SMB/LDAP/htpasswd/PAM/YP/NIS/...)

> my question... could I use samba to authenticate my users?

Yes. You can use one of the smb style helpers.

Rob