Re: [SQU] Cache after reboot

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:30:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi (again!!) Awie,

I'm not sure I fully understand your problem. Do you
mean that you have lost all the caches in the
cache_dir???

In anycase, as long as the cache folders exsist and
the settings are correct in squid.conf, squid will
start caching right away.

Of course, if you have no cache dirs, type:

squid -z

to create them...

HTH,

Thomas Adam
re: thomas_adam16@yahoo.com
--- Awie <awie@eksadata.com> wrote: > Folks,

> After rebooting my Squid machine, I found (from
> MRTG) that Storage Memory became starting from zero
> !
>
> Does it mean that Squid will "refill" it cache
> memory from HDD after it reboot?
> What is the mechanism of Squid to "refill" it cache
> memory after reboot?
>
> Many thanks for your answer. Thx
>
> Awie

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com