Re: [SQU] Memory Leak??

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:18:23 -0600

Nope. 2.4 is at PRE-STABLE2 I think (or very near it, the guys may not
have rolled out PRE2 just yet). There are about three or four known
issues (a couple of build issues for non-GNU platforms and a couple of
quirks on some Solaris and Irix versions, I think), and probably a few
that haven't been spotted yet.

I've tested 2.4 async i/o on Linux at pretty tough loads with reasonable
results. I can still make it crash (but I can make any Squid crash),
but not at reasonable and moderately unreasonable loads. So it might be
worth giving a shot to. Although, I should point out that if there had
been a memory leak that was fixed in 2.4, it would have been immediately
back ported to 2.3, as it is still the official stable version. So, if
it's broken for you on 2.3, it's probably still broken in 2.4.

But I doubt you actually are seeing a Squid memory leak. I don't know
what to tell you it might be...but it's probably not Squid leaking.