Re: [SQU] Memory Leak??

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 06:53:16 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 bretwatson@charteredsemi.com wrote:

> 3 dirs each 10Gb
>
> How big are your cache_dirs?
>
> bretwatson@charteredsemi.com wrote:
>
> > Hi People,
> > I've been running squid on a nice new box with 1G of RAM for about a week
> > now, I've noticed that I seem to get a lot of memory labelled "Inactive"
> > this memory seems to slowly increase in line with Squid's process size. I
> > am expecting it to get to a point where squid will start using swap...
> The
> > kernel has been customised to allow a process to get to 256M

the kernel had to customized?

on a 2.2.16 box with 512MB of ram and 3 x 9 scsi disks

I see squid top out at around 366MB used (this is with cache_mem 128 MB)

this is on squid 2.4dev2. with the squid process having used about 29784
cpu minutes so it's been running a while...

> --
> Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
> Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances
> http://www.swelltech.com
>

> --

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E