Re: [SQU] Squid and Firewall

From: ego pfe <egopfe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:51:15 +0100

I think that you've made a wrong idea.. squid is a firewall :-)

there are two types of firewall (3 real...)

(1) firewall router
(2) proxy firewall
(3) bridge firewalls (too much good!)

squid is a proxy firewal...

by the way... i think that you must put squid behind your firewall (1).
The security way of life tells that a firewall must be inexploitable... so
is better to make it a standalone server without any remote accessible
daemons running (only ssh for administration).