[squid-users] connection reset by peer (cache_peer used)

From: _cyclops_ [fp] <cyclops@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:53:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi

We are using squid proxy on my school, where i help the system
administrator with the proxy. We have an KennisNet connection, witch will
probebly mean nothing to you, KennisNet is a new school network to provide
(safe) internet for schools and libraries. KennisNet has a proxy of it's
own, but the 'safe' part won't be found there, so we setted up an squid
proxy for the school itself with a blacklist (squidGuard).

The proxy server is cache_peer to the kennisnet proxy like this :
cache_peer proxy.kennisnet.nl parent 1080 3130 no-query default
never_direct allow all
(on squid 2.3Stable4)

You micht notice that this proxy.kennisnet.nl is not reachable from
outside the kennisnet network.

This all works fine, BUT, when we submit a form (POST) we sometimes get an
'Connection reset by peer' error from our local squid proxy.
If we reload (shift reload) the page where the form is on, and submit the
form the request works fine.

Can somebody please give me some ideas on what this can be, or maybe a
solution?

Best Regards
        Ruben

ps, please reply to my email address to.