[squid-users] testing failure

From: miten mehta <imiten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:53:26 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am in process of setting up squid on debian.

I did installation and my setup requires that I use
cache_peer as isp_host_of_proxy:8080.

client program testing on m/c does not work for all
test.

If you refer to squids guide then test for
client http://mama.indstate.edu/
client -h isp_host_of_proxy -p 8080
http://mama.indstate.edu/

both works.

but others donot like:
client -h mama.indstat.edu -p 80 /
client -h debian_local_machine -p 3128
http://mama.indstate.edu/

seems like my squid proxy is unable to talk to isp
proxy and fetch data but how come two of client calls
above did fetch data

Thank you.

Please respond to:

imiten@yahoo.com

If you need more info on logs and stuff email me.