[squid-users] Proxy Configuration Files

From: Adam Lang <aalang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:54:30 -0500

I'm having a problem getting proxy config files to work.

I added the following code to a file named proxy.pac (nothing special, just
trying to test reading it in).

function FindProxyForUrl(url, host)
{
return "PROXY 10.10.10.6:8080";
}

The above should work, correct?

I then tried several locations to get the config read. I put it on a NT
share and for the address (using Internet Explorer) I said
\\CHELSEA\Temp\proxy.pac

Didn't work.

I put it on a websrver and added application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig to the
AddType directive.

Put in for the address 10.10.10.8/test/proxy.pac and
http://10.10.10.8/test/proxy.pac
Neither worked.

Then I tried putting the file local and for the address I put c:\proxy.pac

Nor did it work. I'm guessing I am doing somehting incorrect..

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com