RE: [squid-users] Deny Direct Proxy request !

From: Hamid Hashemi Golpayegani <hamid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:44:29 +0330

Hi ,

I have read the squid.conf.default and it's said this about
httpd_accel_with_proxy :
 httpd_accel_with_proxy off

  TAG: httpd_accel_uses_host_header on|off
       HTTP/1.1 requests include a Host: header which is basically the
       hostname from the URL. Squid can be an accelerator for
       different HTTP servers by looking at this header. However,
       Squid does NOT check the value of the Host header, so it opens
       a big security hole. We recommend that this option remain
       disabled unless you are sure of what you are doing.

       However, you will need to enable this option if you run Squid
       as a transparent proxy. Otherwise, virtual servers which
       require the Host: header will not be properly cached.

so I have change it to off then check it again and it has worked too also !
but after a while my squid has died !
so what is the problem ?!

   /  Seyyed Hamid Reza    /        WINDOWS FOR NOW  !!            /
  /  Hashemi Golpayegani  /  Linux for future , FreeBSD for ever  /
/  Network Administrator/ hamid@morva.net   ,   ICQ# : 42209876 /