Re: [squid-users] Load Balancing?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 04:26:07 -0600

Are you wanting to load balance among multiple parent proxies, or load
balance among several equal level proxies (i.e. no parents, no
children...just a bunch of caches working together because one alone
can't handle the load)?

If the former, then Squid can do load balancing. Just look to the
hierarchy configuration in squid.conf.

If the latter, take a look at the Linux Virtual Server project:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org

It now has two very good schedulers for balancing web caches, without
data redundancy (basically L4 switching).

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances