[squid-users] How does WCCP work ?

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:51:18 +0800

Folks,

I am beginning frustrated because not able to make WCCP running at our Squid system.

My Squid is known by Cisco as CacheEngine. But redirection progress was not happen. I did not see "Here_I_AM / I_See_You" signal in my router although I am in debug and terminal mode.

I followed all of FAQ instruction and suggestion from some of you (thanks for Joe Cooper, Jan Haluza, etc), PLUS Cisco staff. However, my WCCP is still not running.

Hope someone would explain me how actually Squid communicate with router through WCCP channel.

Please advise.

Thx & rgds,

Awie