RE: [squid-users] Load Balancing?

From: Andrew Veitch <andrew.veitch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:18:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 Adam.Shields@psg-pinkerton.com wrote:
> The Linux virtual server is a
> good idea, though after investigating it a little at about 4:30am my time I
> didn't quite see how well it would work with squid. I will review the site
> once more.

LVS and Squid work very well together. The JWCS is currently running three
clusters of varying sizes across the UK as a parent service for the majority
of university cache systems. (We're also running a cluster as our local
cache service here, which then parents onto the JWCS :-)

--
Andrew Veitch, National & Local Web Cache Support    andrew.veitch@man.ac.uk
Manchester Computing, University of Manchester       http://wwwcache.ja.net/