[squid-users] Automatic MSNT Domain Authentication.

From: Palmer J.D.F. <J.D.F.Palmer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:29:35 -0000

Hi,

I have just got MSNT authentication up and running to the point that on
opening a browser the user is asked to authenticate to their domain.

This is great as it enables us to log the username in the access.log,
something very important when you have a university full of mischievous
students. We currently have a systems for this but it involves a great deal
of trawling through various NT/Novell logs.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to auto authenticate to a
domain, so that those users who have NT domain accounts (and have therefore
authenticated to the domain on login) don't have to re-authenticate each
time they open a browser.

Something else I'd like to know is if there is any way of authenticating to
an unknown domain, eg. If someone wants to publish to a remote FrontPage
server using NTLM. Could the transparent proxying ability of netfilter in
Linux kernel 2.4 solve this?

Many thanks for any advice,

Jezz.

Jezz Palmer.