[squid-users] Re: Hash algorithm in javascript

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:09:36 +0100

Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> > b) Direct CARP routing in the browsers. Is today implemented via PAC
> > scripts, but PAC browser support is still somewhat flaky..
>
> Okay. Now the question is, where can I find a sample PAC enabling CARP
> client-side?
> I've done some digging, but couldn't come up with any good hits
> (by good, I mean a code sample)

Good question. I have a memory of seeing one once, but now I cannot find
it, only reports saying it cannot be done properly due to the limited
functionality of JavaScript.. Maybe I was dreaming?

For another approach see
<http://www8.org/w8-papers/2a-webserver/caching/paper2.html>

Hmm.. think I found the script I saw before. Does implement hasing, but
isn't actually CARP. "Super proxy script"
<http://naragw.sharp.co.jp/sps/>. SPS is apparently even linked from the
Squid users guide..

/Henrik