[squid-users] Problem with my squid authentication

From: Navarro, Sebastian <SNavarro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:33:28 -0300

 Hi everybody:

I'm trying to migrate the actual proxy server (Version 2.4.DEVEL3-ntlm),
this server have a property authentication (is a little C program that check
de user and compare it with a list , and response OK / ERROR. (just compare
the user, not the password)

The problem is that the actual squid version has a Patch (That I don't know
witch one is) that get the NT user name from the client that is doing the
request.
This is very important because the client don't have to log into the proxy
each time. In the another hand, when the user is not login into an NT
domain, went a windows popup and request user name and password, my
authenticator program receive username + deadbeef, and with this information
I can't authentic with my SMB C program.

If someone know how I can use squid, getting the user name from the client
and when the windows popup send me the user and the correct password.

Thank for your cooperation.

Sebastian Navarro