Re: [squid-users] aio_queue_request: WARNING - Disk I/O overloading

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:28:40 +0100

Jens-Uwe Walther wrote:

> Using Squid 2.4STABLE1 the first day I got lots of this messages in cache.log.
> I use "aufs". What's the problem? I think the disk is to slow.
> iostat show often blocking processes and very long disk service times!
> Should I use two cache directories on several disks instead of unsing only one (doews squid balance the load) ?

If the service time on the disk is high, then it has too much to do.
Period.

As you run Solaris you might want to try enabling "fastfs". It takes
away a great deal of the I/O at the expence of filesystem stability (if
you loose power then mkfs will probably be needed). Or if you have a
sligthly larger wallet (server license + extra drive) try the logging
capability of DiskSuite.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker