Re: [squid-users] issue with one of joe coopers modifcations

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:46:47 +0100

Greg wrote:

> i killed squid and restarted it yesterday
>
> here the stats from the cachemgr page
> Median Service Times (seconds) 5 min 60 min:
> HTTP Requests (All): 0.16775 0.22004
> Cache Misses: 0.52331 0.49576
> Cache Hits: 0.02069 0.01847
> Near Hits: 0.52331 0.49576
> Not-Modified Replies: 0.01164 0.01035
> DNS Lookups: 0.23291 0.23291
> ICP Queries: 0.00000 0.00000
> to me the dns lookups are already ( i use the proxy server on this pc i am
> writing this email on )it seems pretty fast to me, the only thing i noticed,
> is, when i looked at the dns processes being used they all have being used,
> but handled hardly any requests.

You does not seem to have a permanent DNS problem. Perhaps there has
been a temporary problem (such as the link going down for some minutes)
or something similar, temporarily causing a long DNS queue.

How ofthen does this happen? (there is a time counter on each dnsserver,
showing how long since it was last used)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker