Re: [squid-users] squid 2.4 rpm?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:06:50 +0200

Basically it goes like this:

1. Get any source RPM version you like.
2. Get the new source tarball
3. rpm -i source.rpm
4. Then copy the new source tarball to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/
5. and edit the SPEC file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ to refer to the new
version.
6. rpm -ba filename.spec

If there are any patches mentioned in the spec file then more might be
required. Also, for the transition to 2.4 some paths might need to be
changed IIRC.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker