Re: [squid-users] aio_queue_request: WARNING - Disk I/O overloading

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:21:51 +0200

Jens-Uwe Walther wrote:

> I have a Solaris 8 and use already "logging,dfratime" as mount options!

You want noatime there..

As I said I am not sure if UFS logging will help performancewise. The
Disksuide logging will if a separate disk is used for the log (the same
log may be shared by many filesystems).

> I don't know if the cache algorithm needs the atime on the cache dir files?! So
> maybe "nodfratime" is a little bit "safer" then "noatime".

Squid (as most other software) does not use atime for anything. It is
almost a pure waste of resources.

> But now that I have three cache directories located on three different disks
> iostat's "asvc_t" is faster.

Good.

--
Henrik Nordstrom