[squid-users] Configuration question/problem with squid

From: Schwartz, William H. <SchwaWH@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:03:39 -0600

I'm trying to setup a new squid server here and it's all working except for
one small issue.

If you enter an address like: http://localhostname/index.html it won't find
the address. If I put the full domain in the address it works fine. I
checked the squid server and if I type "nslookup localhostname" it resolves
it correctly. on our old squid server (someone else setup) local names
without the domain attached resolv fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Bill