Re: [squid-users] How does WCCP work ?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:20:08 -0600

v2 is working, I think reliably, at one site. v1 was broken in the
implementation, so I'm working on fixing that and making them work
together (or at least be separate compile time options). The work was
done on version 2.2.STABLE5 of Squid, and so I'll also be porting it
forward to 2.4STABLE/2.5CVS. Jorge has graciously donated some time for
me on his v2 capable router so I can do some testing with the new code
to make sure it actually works (since my router only has v1).

I would expect something to be finished in a couple of weeks, though I
have a lot of other irons in the fire that take precedence at the moment.

It should be said that I didn't write the v2 implementation, Kevin
Wormington did. I'm just doing the cleanup work on it, porting it
forward, and testing it.

Hope this answers all questions...

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>