Re: [squid-users] SQUID authentication via PAM

From: Kristina Mpoyi-Mpoyi <kristina@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:37:22 +0900

At 11:58 01/03/26 +0200, you wrote:
>Have you installed pam_auth SUID root? To access /etc/shadow it must be
>running as root..

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did
chmod root:root pam_auth and it worked!!!

I have another question.
Now that I have authentication via pam working, I don't want the superusername
  and password in /etc/shadow used for proxy authentication.
How can I restrict access so that "root" cannot
be used for proxy authentication.

Is using the ACL list with an IDENT server the only way?
Is using the IDENT server a good idea?

Thank you,
Kristina