RE: [squid-users] SNMP which object?

From: Edmund Haworth <ehaworth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:41:03 +0100

Have you considered using the proxy.pac autoconfigure script?

once the server dies, it'll back up onto a differant proxy server,
this wouldn't fix your inital problem of monitoring the proxy server
it's self, but it would avoid rebuilding DNS tables everytime it
died. the other problem would be 3000 PCs all connecting to one web
server may be a bad idea, and reconfiguration of browsers might be
fun too.

just a thought, might help?

Edmund Haworth
Assistant Network Engineer