[squid-users] Squid Memory Leak?

From: Ben Mckellar <Ben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:50:55 +1000

Hi,

I run squid-2.3.STABLE1-5 on a Redhat 6.2 box. 512RAM, 30gig 10k scsi
drives.

From bootup the machine starts and happily runs squid. If i stop the squid
process and restart it(without rebooting the machine) I seem to lose a lot
of memory.

What seems to happen is i quit squid, and the memory usage does not change.
When i start squid again it uses more previously non used memory and
basically my system is left with not much memory.

My system has the memory usage of 2 squid processes yet only 1 is running.
This only occurs after a restart of the squid process. A reboot works 100%
and i am left with plenty of RAM.

Just wondering if this is a know prob? Advice?

Cheers

- Ben