Re: [squid-users] lifetime timeout

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:20:54 +0200

Ronald wrote:

> I guess problem is in client_lifetime in squid.conf
>
> The maximum amount of time that a client (browser) is allowed to remain
> connected to the cache process. This protects the Cache from having a lot of
> sockets (and hence file descriptors) tied up in a CLOSE_WAIT state from
> remote clients that go away without properly shutting down (either because
> of a network failure or because of a poor client implementation). The
> default is one day, 1440 minutes

Sockets should not stay in CLOSE_WAIT. If you have a problem with such
sockets I'd recommend you to look into using "half_closed_clients off".

(stalled connections can be stuck in CLOSE_WAIT for read_timeout if the
client aborts and support for half_closed_clients is enabled)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker