Re: [squid-users] acl-specific http_port

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:53:31 +0200

mi@aldan.algebra.com wrote:

> On 28 Mar, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> = > Thanks, I think, I'm getting there. Here is what I did:
> = >
> = > http_port 80 # To be the only one :)
> = > httpd_accel_host virtual # We need to support multipl vhosts
> =
> = So you have multiple IP addresses where Squid listens, and a redirector
> = to take care of rewriting these to the correct domain(s)?
>
> Well, squid is listening on the normail IP and on localhost. Ports 80 and
> 3128.

Any you care which IP squid is contacted on and want the URL to reflect
this?

"httpd_accel_host virtual" does NOT care which name your server is
contacted on, only which IPs.

"httpd_accel_uses_host_header on" enables support for name-based virtual
domains sharing one or more IPs.

> = Are you sure you are not looking for httpd_accel_uses_host_header here?
> = (most people are, but confuse the two).
>
> May be, but either one should work, right?

If you are using virtual domains based on name then only
httpd_accel_uses_host_header will enable support for this.

If you are ugin virtual domains based on IP then "httpd_accel_host
virtual" combined with a redirector helper or smart
cache_peer+cache_peer_access rules enables support for this.

The two are very different.

> So it recognises the localhost:8000 as a first (and only) parent, but
> for some reason does not want to talk to it :( Is that because the host
> being accelerated is the same one but with port 8015?

It might be some confusion on what port to use when accelerating
requests. Will try to look into it.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker