[squid-users] Control script

From: Andrei B. <andrixnet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 04:29:29 -0700 (PDT)

 Here's a small contribution to squid.

I've compiled and installed squid 2.3.STABLE4 on a Slackware 7.0
system.

I created this script to make it easier to start, stop and mainly
reconfigure squid.

It provides the basic control functions : start, stop, reload (squid -k
reconfigure), parse (squid -k parse), status.
It will report squid's PID if running.

 Squid waits a few seconds (configurable) for sockets to close when
performing a shutdown. I found out that the SIGTERM or SIGKILL issued
by rc.6 at shutdown will kill squid, but leave the pid file, and upon
the next boot, squid will fail to start.
 This script will issue a `squid -k shutdown` and then `sleep X s`
where X is the value in seconds configured in squid.conf + 1. Since
then I always had a clean shutdown of squid.

 Hopefully it has no bugs. I'd apreciate if someone finds a bug will
report it to me also.
 Inspired by apachectl script that comes with apache 1.3.
 Release under GPL.

=====
ing. Andrei Boros
Centrul pt. Tehnologia Informatiei