[squid-users] please help: assertion failed error

From: Drenning Bruce <bdrenni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:30:48 -0400

squid 2.2-STABLE5 running on linux RH 6.1 (2.2.16-3)

I've been running squid for months and months. I've never had problems with
it. However, last Friday squid stopped and would not restart. I had to
reboot the whole PC. No changes to the PC since March 6 (updated glibc).

At the time squid quit, the cache.log shows the message "assertion failed:
string.c.42: sz < 65536"

I could not get squid restarted because it said port 3130 (ICP) was still in
use. I had to reboot.

I'm getting this error every couple of hours now. Any ideas on how I can fix
this? TIA