[squid-users] Accelerator gets confused by the explicit port in the URL

From: <mi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:27:28 -0400 (EDT)

We have the real server listening on port 8000, with squid in front of
it on port 80.

This works fine for most request, but those with the explicit port
number in them:

        http://dufus.us.com:80/...

seem to confuse the cache. It hangs for a while, then returns "access
denied" and logs "forwarding loop detected"... No wonder it loops, if it
keeps talking to itself :) But how do I prevent this from happening?
What can I do to help squid realize, that it itself, that listens on
port 80 (in addition to 3128), and that it should try other venues?

Thanks!

        -mi