Re: [squid-users] urgent help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 20:49:04 +0200

Squid does not have a user database. Squid connects to an external
program that is responsible for verifying if a username,password pair is
correct. How the exernal program does this verification Squid does not
care.

What this means is that Squid can be connected to mostly any
authentication database, as long as the database uses something that
looks like username,password for authentication.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker