Re: [squid-users] Accelerator gets confused by the explicit port in the URL

From: <mi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:44:23 -0400 (EDT)

On 3 Apr, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
= Should work,

It does not :( Quite reproduceably -- with a Unix Netscape-4, for
example. Works with IE, though... It seems, that some browsers supply
the port number in the Host: header and squid obeys that, instead of
contacting the server it is supposed to accelerate...

= but I always prefer to run both on the same port number but
= different IP addresses. Less risk for confusion that way.

Well, this makes the configuration host-specific, which is something
we managed to avoid so far. We use localhost and -- the rest...

        -mi

= /etc/hosts:
=
= 127.0.0.1 your.web.domain
=
= Web server config:
=
= Set to listen on address 127.0.0.1
=
= Squid config:
=
= http_port your.external.ip:80
= httpd_accel_host your.web.domain
= httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
=
= acl myserver dst 127.0.0.1
= acl http protocol http
= acl port80 port 80
= http_access allow myserver http port80
=
= Squid build (if Squid-2.3):
=
= ./configure ... --disable-internal-dns
=
=
= --
= Henrik Nordstrom
= Squid hacker available per hour
=
=
= mi@aldan.algebra.com wrote:
= >
= > We have the real server listening on port 8000, with squid in front of
= > it on port 80.
= >
= > This works fine for most request, but those with the explicit port
= > number in them:
= >
= > http://dufus.us.com:80/...
= >
= > seem to confuse the cache. It hangs for a while, then returns "access
= > denied" and logs "forwarding loop detected"... No wonder it loops, if it
= > keeps talking to itself :) But how do I prevent this from happening?
= > What can I do to help squid realize, that it itself, that listens on
= > port 80 (in addition to 3128), and that it should try other venues?
= >
= > Thanks!
= >
= > -mi