[squid-users] FreeBSD Transparent proxy

From: Eli Lazich <elazich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:49:56 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to setup my FreeBSD box which is my Internet Connected system
to act as a transparent proxy with no luck. I have 2 NICS (lnc1 and lnc2)
connected to the internal and external networks respectively. My internal
net is a RFC 1918 address. I have all IPFIREWALL options configured into
my kernel including IPFIREWALL_FORWARD. My firewall forwards packets and
does nat just fine for my internal clients until I add this rule;

ipfw add 200 fwd 127.0.0.1,3128 tcp from any to any recv lnc1

at which point my internal browsers get access denied msgs. tcpdump shows
no traffic generated on lnc2 and on lnc1 shows my RFC 1918 address (I
expect this)trying a tcp handshake and finally resetting the connection.
Can anyone help me with what I am obviously missing here to
get a transparent proxy configured? BTW, I am running fbsd 3.2 and squid
2.3.

Eli