[squid-users] FATAL: Failed to start any dnsservers

From: Josef Hauern <linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:05:31 +0200

hi,

i have suse 6.1 and squid version 1.novm22 on my testserver.
i got the error: FATAL Failed to start any dnsservers
when i start squid.

i thought this would be a permission problem. so i looked to the permission
of
/usr/sbin/dnsserver > -rwxr-xr-x
but the permission settings are also ok.

could you give me an advice?

another question:
on our working proxyserver there some old contents of pages in the cache. so
if a web-site changes the layout or the contents our proxyserver does not
change the contents of itīs cache . my only choice is to rebuild the cache
with squid -z. is there any other choice to let squid look after several
period of time to delete the old contents of itīs cache?

thanks in advance.

josef