[squid-users] Does referer gets rewritten?

From: Vsevolod Ilyushchenko <simonf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:32:27 -0400

Hi,

I need to provide external access to a Web server behind a firewall via a
proxy program. I tried to use Apache with ProxyRewrite module, and it
almost works, except that the current version of the module does not change
the referer field of the HTTP request.

In case it's not clear, here is what happens: computer A on the Internet
goes to computer B on our network. Computer B is actually a proxy and
forwards the request to computer C. On receiving the reply from C computer
B rewrites every link in the page so that the links point to B, not C. So
client A thinks that all the pages come from B and puts B accordingly as
the referer. The problem is that the application running on C is brain-dead
and wants to have C as the referer.

Can I use Squid in this setting? Will it change the referer field?

Thanks,
Simon

--
 _________
|       x |   Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf@cshl.org
| y = e   |
|_________|   http://www.simonf.com
simonf@simonf.com

		Disclaimer: This is not me.
	This is just my mailer talking to your mailer...